New School Opens
In November 2000 a new school, on the same site was officially opened by the Minister Michéal Martin and blessed by Bishop John Magee of Cloyne Diocese.
New School Negotiations
Negotiations for a new school were initiated with the Dept of Education, as conditions in the school were very primitive. Health and safety of the children and the staff was a priority with the
Two New Blocks
Between 1970 and 1975 two new blocks were added to the already existing secondary school building as an assembly hall, which is our circulation area and lunch room to this day. The numbers increased
Old Fever Hospital
The old fever hospital was condemned and a new infant school was opened in 1965. The secondary school renovated the building and used it for class. It was called after the Archbishop Mannix who
New Secondary School
A new secondary school was built consisting of two class rooms which were on the campus of the fever hospital which had been built by the state in 1836 due to an epidemic of
Closure of Fever Hospital
Fever hospital closed and the building handed over to the sisters with proviso that if an epidemic broke out it would be available as a hospital again. This building in 1855 became the centre
Secondary School Opens
Secondary School was opened in a room in the convent (Pay School).
Sisters become involved in primary education at the then local primary school run by lay principal.
Laying of foundation stone of convent.