Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme
The Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme is an enhanced Leaving Cert. Programme incorporating the two modules:
- Enterprise Education
- Preparation for the World of Work.
We were one of the pioneering schools to introduce the LCVP in 1996 with the first cohort of student sitting the exam in May 1997. Since then the programme has developed tremendously. This has been facilitated by careful planning and the active on going support of management and staff.
LCVP students must take a minimum of five Leaving Certificate Subjects.Two of the above must be selected from one of the designated Vocational Subject Groupings
- Home Economics and Agricultural Science or Biology
- Home Economics and Art
- Accounting or business or Economics
- Physics and Chemistry
- Biology and Chemistry or Physics of Physics & Chemistry (combined)
- Home Economics and Business or Accounting or Economics
- Art and Business or Accounting or Economics
- Music and Business or Accounting or Economics
The use of active teaching methodologies is encouraged here in St Mary’s through work experience and business and community links. We would like to thank the wider school community for helping all our students in LCVP in activities such as work placements, visits out to industry, career investigations and visits in from local entrepreneurs. Without your help and support the programme would not have enjoyed such success.